First Time Home Buyer Loans
Overwhelming is an understatement when it comes to options that first time home buyers have. It is our mission to educate you on how this whole process works and most importantly help you feel comfortable through the process. This sets Patriot Mortgage apart from other mortgage lending companies. Simply put, we are home owners too and at one point we were in the same position you are which is why we do what we do.Apply Now!
As the name states, this is targeted towards anyone that has not purchased a home before. Most folks that apply for this loan have a low to moderate income level. If your income level is high, please let us know and we will let you know what options are available for you.
A First Time Home Buyer Loan gives the applicant an option to purchase a home with little or no down payment. In addition, the applicant who has not purchased a home before may qualify for a better rate with this type of loan. The better the rate, the less your monthly payment is.
No. Patriot Mortgage Lending offers mortgages throughout the entire state of Wisconsin. We are here to help.
Purchasing your first home is a very exciting time and perhaps you want the keys to your dream home right away. It is just as important to us as it is to you that the terms are clear and understood. If you are in a hurry and need this process to go quickly, we will do our best to get you into your home ASAP. If you need time and want to learn more about your options, please let us know and we will take as much time as you need to answer your questions, review terms, and make sure that you are comfortable before completing the process. Please see the next section below to get an idea of how the loan process works.
- Education:It is important we learn about you and you learn about us. We don't stay in business by issuing predatory loans. Simply put, if you can afford a house that costs up to $120,000 and then ask for a $400,000 loan, we will be very upfront with you about it. Your success is our success. If the First Time Home Buyer Loan is the best option for you we will continue with the application process. Your journey begins with the loan officer.
At this point you and your loan officer have determined the First Time Home Buyer Loan is correct for you. Now we have to do the official paperwork. This is not like a car loan or other types of lower dollar loans that you might have encountered in the past. Obtaining this loan is a team effort that involves paperwork, processing, underwriting and approval. We will help you with the application process. To get started just click on the "Quick Quote" on the left side of this site or just contact us and we will work together on the application. Here are the key items that we will need when we start the application process:
- Standard Personal Information such as name, phone number, email address, date of birth, etc.
- Employment Information such as where you work, how much you make, how long have you worked there, etc.
- Assets such as checking / savings info, retirement accounts, etc.
Now that the paperwork is complete it is time to get to work and get you in your new home. Here is a behind the scenes look of what happens after your application has been submitted. This is where the loan processor comes into play:
- Your application will be reviewed to ensure a smooth and efficient underwriting process. If there is something that the loan processor needs they will work with your loan officer. If there is additional information needed from you, then your loan officer will be in contact with you.
- your loan officer. If there is additional information needed from you, then your loan officer will be in contact with you. After the loan processor has what they need, they will order a home appraisal and the title insurance binder. This is just to make sure that the value of the home is worth what you are paying for. If the home you are about to buy is worth $120,000 but being sold at $180,000 then this process is halted and your loan officer alerted and you notified. For most people this is an exciting part of the process because if your potential new home has been sold at a fair value or a value that is very much in your favor (example: home appraised at $200,000 but sold at $150,000), then the title insurance binder can be issued and off to underwriting we go.
You've been educated about the First Time Home Buyer Loan by your loan officer. The application has been completed. The loan processor has approved all materials needed and ordered the appraisal and title insurance binder. The appraiser has given the green light to move forward with the process. The title company has issued the title insurance binder. So what does the underwriter do?
- The underwriter is ultimately responsible for approving your loan.
- They will review your entire loan file which contains everything mentioned above.
- In addition they will check credit, capacity, and collateral.
- Upon approval of the loan the underwriter will send the loan to closing.
- Closing: It's now time to go home. To your new home that is! You are moments from the finish line. Today all parties involved make sure that all i's are dotted and all t's are crossed. It is a series of lots of paper signing, but because you have been educated in this process you already know what to expect and how this final part works. Each form that you need to sign will be reviewed with you and you have as much time as you need to ask as many questions as you would like on each form. Once the last form is signed you will get a copy of all your mortgage paperwork and the keys to your new home!